Mastercraft is a subsidiary of Cooper Tire and Rubber Company. Their aim is to produce a tire that is big on performance and low on price. The Courser MXT is a great example of this, and the tire will make sure your light truck, SUV or 4×4 is able to do its job on the road, and excel off it.
Mastercraft Courser MXT Tire Review
Mastercraft have done a good job with their Courser MXT. Many off-road enthusiasts will love the Courser MXT as it ticks many of the boxes one would ask for when designing an MT tire.
This tire is purpose built for those who enjoy the outdoors and a spot of off-roading. It does not have world class performance, but performs excellently for those who enjoy taking the more “scenic route”. It performs well on mud, gravel and dirt and has superior snow performance over other tires in its class and the tread ages uniformly. The Courser MXT’s reasonable price tag when compared to its competitors is also positive and adds real value to the tire
The Courser MXT feels sluggish on the highway initially, but this does improve as the tire gets broken in. There is a familiar “hum” of the tire on the road at higher speeds, however, this is not uncommon for MT tires. It must be noted that there are worse culprits when it comes to road noise in the MT class.
This tire is not the best in its class but is good overall. It is especially a great choice if your focus is satisfactory road performance during the week, while letting your hair down off-road over the weekend.
- Good all round traction on and off road
- Solid traction in the deep snow
- Won’t break the bank
- Uniform treadwear
- Tire may feel “sluggish” on the highway which can take some getting used to
- Road noise may be greater than expected when on the highway
Vehicles that can use Mastercraft Courser MXT Tire
The tire is designed for light trucks, SUVs and other 4x4s. Below is a list of some of the popular vehicle choices for the Mastercraft Courser MXT Tire:
- Chevrolet Silverado, Colorado, K1500, Avalanche, S10, C2500, Blazer, Tahoe
- Dodge Ram, Dakota, Durango
- Ford F-150, F-250, F-350, Ranger, Bronco, Expedition
- GMC Sierra, Canyon, Envoy, Yukon, Jimmy, Suburban
- Isuzu Trooper, Hombre 5, Rodeo, Amigo S
- Nissan Titan, Pathfinder
- Jeep Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, CJ5, CJ7
- Suzuki Sidekick, Equator
- Toyota FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Tacoma, Tundra, Sequoia
Note – This is not a full list of vehicles which are compatible with the Mastercraft Courser MXT
Sizes and Specs
The Mastercraft Courser MXT is available in several different sizes and specs:
- 31X10.50R15LT 109Q C OWL
- 32X11.50R15LT 113Q C OWL
- 33X12.50R15LT 108Q C OWL
- 35X12.50R15LT 113Q C OWL
- LT235/85R16 120116Q E BLK
- LT245/75R16 120116Q E BLK
- LT265/75R16 123120Q E OWL
- LT285/75R16 126123Q E OWL
- LT315/75R16 127124Q E OWL
- LT305/70R16 124121Q E OWL
- LT235/80R17 120117Q E BLK
- LT245/75R17 121118Q E OWL
- LT265/70R17 121118Q E OWL
- LT285/70R17 121118Q E OWL
- LT295/70R17 121118Q E OWL
- LT315/70R17 121118Q D OWL
- LT305/65R17 121118Q E OWL
- 37X12.50R17LT 124P D BLK
- LT275/70R18 125122Q E OWL
- LT305/70R18 126123Q E OWL
- LT275/65R18 123120Q E OWL
- LT305/60R18 121118Q E OWL
- LT305/55R20 121118Q E BLK
- 35X12.50R20LT 121Q E BLK
The Mastercraft Courser MXT starts at approximately $156 for a base model. Occasionally you may also find discount offers, coupons and special prices on the tire which is retailer dependent.
Mastercraft Courser MXT has a limited warranty. The uniformity of the tire is guaranteed for the first year or first 2/32 inch of tread wear.
There is a 5 year materials and workmanship warranty which includes free replacement for the first year or 25% of tread wear. The amount is prorated down to the final 2/32 inch of the tread depth.
Mastercraft Courser MXT Tire Customer Review
David says: “I have owned a few sets of mud tires in my life. With that being said, these tyres are great performers in the mud! I cut wood for a side hustle and go into some pretty muddy areas often. These tires never fail to perform. I own a ¾ ton, 2-wheel drive truck and I have no fear going anywhere with these tires. They come at a reasonable price and I would definitely recommend them!”David posted (5 / 5) review
Danny says: “For me this is a great looking tire with very aggressive looking tread which I keep getting comments on. The road noise is not really an issue as some people have said. I have recently put them on and could not be happier.
Update: I have put 40k miles on my first set. I was so impressed with the handling in mud, snow or rain that I am onto my second pair! These are the best off-road tires that I have had, at a great price to boot!”Danny posted (5 / 5) review