The market of premium all-season tires is saturated and crowded, but the Hankook DynaPro HT RH12 is one of the tires that have managed to shine despite the tough competition.
This tire is explicitly built for SUVs, vans, and pickup trucks. It features lower rolling resistance to ensure fuel efficiency and delivers all-season traction that’s dependable on dry and wet roads alike.
Should you spend your hard-earned money on the Hankook DynaPro HT RH12? Definitely. But there are things that you need to know beforehand, so stick around until the end of this review.
Hankook DynaPro HT RH12 (Our Review)
Everything about the DynaPro HT RH12 screams premium. The tread compound is as durable as can be, and it’s fitted into a symmetric tread design for great traction and grip. It also does an excellent job of keeping road noise at a minimum.
The tire delivers reliable and responsive steering, thanks to the use of a stiff center rib. For optimal traction on wet terrain, the tire utilizes zig-zag sipes and circumferential grooves around the tread. These design elements also help eliminate the effects of hydroplaning.
However, the Hankook DynaPro HT RH12 isn’t a perfect tire by any means. It suffers from softer handling when cornering. Ideally, the tire should feel rugged when it’s tackling corners. This tire, though, feels a little mushy because of the softer sidewalls. We also think that tread wear should be longer.
All in all, the DynaPro HT RH12 delivers reliable performance for its price point. It’s not the most impressive tire in its class, but the issues that it suffers from aren’t really that striking.
- Reliable traction in wet, dry, and even snowy terrains
- Quiet and extremely comfortable driving experience
- Pleasant feel and very sharp steering response
- Features design elements to combat hydroplaning
- Excellent tread life warranty to up to 70,000 miles
- Sidewalls could use some strengthening for cornering
- We would’ve appreciated a longer tread life
Vehicles That Can Use Hankook DynaPro HT RH12
- Mercedes-Benz: GL320, ML430, ML500
- Chevrolet: Trailblazer, Tahoe, Tracker, Silverado, Suburban
- Dodge: Durango, Dakota, Ram
- GMC: Canyon, Sierra
- Jeep: Liberty, Grand Cherokee
- Ford: F-150, Explorer, Expedition,, Escape, Excursion
- Mitsubishi: Montero, Endeavor
- Nissan: Pathfinder, Rogue, Xterra, Titan, Murano
- Honda: Pilot, Element, Ridgeline
- Toyota: Tundra, Land Cruiser, RAV4, Sequoia, Highlander, 4Runner
Sizes and Specs
|15 Inches||LT235/75R15 101S|
|16 Inches||195/75R16 105|
|17 Inches||225/65R17 102HL|
|18 Inches||265/60R18 110T|
|20 Inches||275/55R20 113T|
The DynaPro RH12 starts at a price point of $103, which is pretty reasonable for its capabilities. You can also find special offers like coupons and discounts on RH12, which will help reduce the price a bit. Please note that the price might vary from one dealer to another.
The DynaPro HT RH12 is backed by a lengthy tread warranty of up to 70,000 miles or five years. Uniformity is guaranteed for the first 2/32 inch of treadwear or first year of use. Both workmanship and materials are covered for up to 5 years, with free replacements during the uniformity period.
Hankook DynaPro HT RH12 Tire Customer Review
Maria M. says: “This tire has everything I’m looking for, except for one thing, and that’s reliable braking on ice. It’s comfortable, quiet, and very responsive. It’s even great in the snow, but I wouldn’t rely on it on ice.”Maria M. posted (4 / 5) review
Jim T. says: “Not the best tire when it comes to cornering, but it’s definitely responsive and comfortable. It drives well on wet and snowy surfaces, which is always a plus. Great value for the price, all in all.”Jim T. posted (4 / 5) review